Cherry Berry Smoothie with Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein
You may or may not know, we use Sun Warrior Protein in our Bodacious Blueberry Vanilla energy bar. It not only makes for a great energy bar, but it also goes well in smoothies. This delicious smoothie hits a high note with the tartness of the cherries, but is smoothed out with the delicious vanilla flavor of the protein powder.
Check out the recipe posted below. It's makes a great recovery smoothie because of the anti-inflammatory properties of the cherries. We suggest putting in less protein, though if you are going to consume immediate post workout. That way you will have closer to a 4:1 carb/protein ratio that is crucial for quick recovery. But, if you are going to consume a few hours post workout, load up on the protein!
- 1/4 of a 10oz bag of mixed berries
- 5 oz of fresh cherries (frozen cherries work well also)*
- 1 scoop of Sun Warrior Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 TBSP of your favorite greens powder, or a hand full of fresh greens
- 1 dropper full of Liquid Stevia (or some variation of sweetener)
- About 1 cup of almond, rice, or hemp seed milk. Just use water if you don't have any of these.
- * Make sure you blend this smoothie very well, especially when using fresh cherries, you want to make sure you destroy the pits and stems of the cherries. This is one instance where having a Vitamix is a huge advantage.